MFPC Industry Talk
One of the crucial continuous initiatives of MFPC is to work closely with the local higher education institutions through Financial Literacy Industry Talk to create intense awareness on the importance of financial planning among undergraduates in Malaysia. Through this platform, the undergraduates are able to gain valuable financial related knowledge and acquire the latest development of the financial sector from the industry practitioners.
There are numerous added advantages when education institutions support this initiative. Five of the major ones are:
- It supports the Malaysia education blueprint on industry engagement for undergraduates
- It enables lecturers / students to establish strong network with industry practitioners which can widen the internship and employment opportunities
- It allows lecturers to incorporate the industry-engagement workshops as assignments to enhance the knowledge of students on industry development
- It creates opportunities for education institutions to engage industry experts as adjunct professors / guest lecturers / guest speakers to enrich the classroom learning experience of students
It helps students to gain extra points to fulfil the "co-curriculum activities" requirement before graduating
The structure of the programme is as below:
Topic (financial planning/literacy related): to be proposed by education institution or appointed industry expert
Platform: virtual via MS TEAMS / ZOOM / WEBEX OR Physical at the institution
Duration: 2 hours (30 mins - MFPC background / RFP professional certification; 90 mins - financial literacy talk by industry expert)
Speaker: An industry expert appointed by MFPC
Date: Proposed by education institution (Monday to Friday)
Time: proposed by education institution) (10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
Target audience: to be identified by education institution (students can be from various disciplines)
Minimum number of students: 50
Certificate of Attendance: will be provided by MFPC to students who attend the talk AND complete the programme evaluation form
To engage us, email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following details.
- Time (two-hour slot)
- Target audience
- Preferred financial literacy topic
Supporting Organisation Sponsor Package:
- Display of Sponsor’s logo and name in all electronic materials such as media, flyers, banners, backdrop and bunting for the MFPC Industry Talk.
- A 90-minutes speaking slot with the university students to share about financial planning relevant topics (industry update/career opportunity/experience sharing) Notes: No product push to the participants.
- As a platform to introduce your organisation to the educational institution.
- Sponsor is allow to distribute company goodies/door gifts to the participants.
Please drop an email to email@example.com for more details and quotation.
For further assistance, please contact the Education Department at 03-62035899 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.